Jun 04, 2012
Of Sun City West, Inc.
Date: June 04, 2012
To: Dave Moeller, RCSCW Governing Board
From: Mike Whiting, General Manager
Subject: Activity Report– 06/04/12
1. We encourage everyone to be aware of your surroundings at all times. The tailgate of an employee’s pickup truck was stolen from the RH Johnson parking lot in broad daylight (between 2 and 5 p.m.) on May 31, 2012. MCSO noted that there have been several such thefts in our area. Parts are stolen from cars and trucks and then resold. Anyone witnessing suspicious persons or activities is asked to report them immediately.
2. We are up to 500 “likes” on Face Book
3. We are in the process of making updates to the Governing Board Office Page of the website.
4. Grandview Cart Barn Update: The footings have been dug and rebar set in place for the footings and stem wall. The County performed an inspection on Friday June 1st. The special inspection by the engineer will be on June 5th. Concrete will be poured in the footings on Wednesday, June 6th. Block will be delivered and set up on Thursday, June 7th. The Masonry stem wall will be set on Friday June 8th.
5 The VCT flooring project in the Beardsley Clay Club was completed on May 24th.
6. American Asphalt will begin the Slurry Seal to the back side of the Kuentz parking lot on June 19th and will be striped on June 20th. They will then return on July 23rd to apply seal coat and stripe on July 24th.
7. We are working with the Stardust Theatre Council on preliminaries for the new lighting and sound systems.
8. Our Pool Party is scheduled for Friday, June 8th. The gates open at 6:00 p.m., dinner served from 6:30 to 7:30 and the entertainment featuring the Real Tones begins at 7:00 p.m. We have sold 250 tickets to date and will cut off the number at 300. Tickets are still available at $12.00 per ticket.
9. Our Projects Superintendent will be working with the architect on drawings for the Pickle Ball project.
10. The PBA Senior Open Tournament took place this past Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (May 28th through May 30th). 44 bowlers participated in this event and there were a large number of spectators on hand to watch all the excitement. It was a successful event and we are working on plans to hold this Tournament again next year.
11. Echo Mesa and Deer Valley Golf Courses were closed for summer maintenance on Thursday, May 24th and will reopen on July 9th. Grass is beginning to fill in during transition.
12. Stardust Golf Course will be closed on Thursday for four days for aerification, fertilization and watering.
13. The EchoMesawell pump motor is down and we are working to have it repaired as soon as possible.
RH Johnson Library:
14. Our collection of Library eBooks has grown to 68 titles and we will gradually add more. The software appears to be working well. We provide training every day to residents who would like to download books to their personal eReaders.
15. The Community Puzzle official began at 9 a.m. last Friday. This puzzle consists of 30,000 pieces and when completed will be 17 feet long by 6 feet wide in size. Channel 3 TV came out to cover the story for Good Morning Arizona and may be featured this morning, June 4th.
16. Home sales are still very strong. In the month of May 176 homes were sold; APF Fees were applicable in 149 of those sales. We have not seen numbers that high since May of 2004 which was recorded at 182 resales.
Upcoming RECREATION Events – JUNE:
Fri June 08 Pool Party – Real Tones 6:30 p.m. RH Johnson
Mon June 18 Summer Series (One Heart) 7:00 to 8:00 pm Stardust Theatre
Tues June 19 Summer Series (One Heart) 7:00 to 8:00 pm Stardust Theatre