GM Operations Meeting Minutes (Draft)
Monday April 2, 2012/ 1:30pm
Governing Board Conference Room
DIRECTORS PRESENT: Dave Moeller, Pat Canfield, Jack Steiner, Griff Williams, Kenny Jordahl, Lake Westphal, Ed VanCott, and Patricia Tomlin.
Excused: Terry Hamman
STAFF Present: Mike Whiting with support from Katy, Jim, and Cindy for specific subjects.
Guest(s): Nolan Reed, Marion Mosley, Kay Williams, and James West.
The meeting was called to order by President Dave Moeller at 1:32 p.m.
The Agenda was modified to include 3.6- Golf Committee on Rate Proposal, 3.7- TORCH Alumni Update.
1.0 The minutes of the March 26th meeting were accepted as presented.
2.0 General Manager Report for 4/02/12 was distributed. Discussion followed:
# 7- Grandview Golf Studio Update- Is this name befitting of the actual usages of this part of the building? Names can be submitted to Mike.
#15- Gary Carter presentation- It was mentioned that Gary Carter is a very multi-talented individual. Guest presenter Gary Carter is a member of Properties Committee, as well.
#21- Strike Zone Eatery pool-side service- This is a new service being tested to determine whether it is feasible financially.
#27- Spring Art & Craft Fair sales- a real success for all the attendees and for sales. The total is $114,246.69 which means $13,294.36 for Rec. Centers.
3.0 Governing Board Discussion Items:
3.1 Compensation Market Analysis Report- Denise Babirak presented the study completed by Mountain States Employers Council, Consultation Consulting Services Section which compares job classification, job descriptions, and the correlating wage comparisons. Discussion followed. The primary researcher, Nicki Aggers, will be making a presentation to the Workshop scheduled for April 13th.
3.2 Human Resources Policy revisions- a report was made by the HR Committee Chairperson of proposed language changes to policies P-1 thru P-4. Changes will be highlighted for clarification.
3.3 Mural for Volunteers- The PR Committee requested Director comment about creating a mural recognizing volunteers. This idea will require much discussion and research as to a process that might be undertaken. The PR Committee will work with Mike to look for similar examples that could be reviewed.
3.4 Member Comment Forms- The PR Committee offered a suggestion for discussion to use the O/M Comment Forms as a basis to generate video material for future blogs. The intent is to provide timely responses in an educational video to member comments submitted. No action was intended, just feedback regarding the concept.
3.5 Ticket Office Hours- Ideas were discussed with Cindy and Mike regarding how the Ticket Office Hours might be altered a bit in response to member requests for occasional extended hours to serve the working members of the Association. Further discussion will be undertaken to generate possible responses to this need.
3.6 Cindy reminded the GB about the forums set for April 5th and the need for Directors to be recorders for each discussion group.
3.7 Golf Committee Recommendations- Katy O’Grady and Jim Keane made a presentation describing a Golf Rewards Program. This information was presented in draft form for discussion of the concept and the possible operation of such a program. In addition a draft proposal of golf rates was discussed. Basically, golf rates will be “rounded-up” to the next dollar amount. This information will be presented at the April Workshop.
3.8 TORCH Alumni event- An update was provided covering possible video-taping of the Presidents segment for future use. All have agreed. In addition it was mentioned that there may be an organization emerging from this event to create more alumni activities.
4.0 New Business and Open Discussion-
4.1 Continuation of the Idea Exchange Forums that have been most valuable requires additional invitation categories. Suggestions were offered. More to follow.
4.1 Proposed Budget discussion- The B& F Committee will be discussing a draft at their meeting Tuesday, April 3rd at 9am.
5.0 Director Comments-
5.0 PORA sponsored a Legislative meeting to discuss matters of interest to our Association. The Legislators were attentive and the event informative.
5.1 Chartered Club/ Library Committee Liaison responsibilities have been updated and information was provided to Directors.
5.2 Discussion regarding the planned review of the Tennis and Pickleball complex at Palm Ridge led to expansive discussions regarding the process for capital projects. The Properties Committee was directed to cancel the review and to allow the Policy directed process to be followed.
6.0 Member Comments-
6.1 The parking issue for Home Owner Associations comes up every year. Legislation sometimes has unintended consequences.
6.2 There may be language in the RR&P’s to cover future access to facilities by groups such as the TORCH Alumni if they continue to gather.
Meeting Adjourned at 4:45pm.
Jack Steiner, Secretary RCSCW