ACCOUNTING TECH/PAYROLL – FULL TIME – LOCATION: FINANCE DEPARTMENT
WORK DESCRIPTION: This position performs payroll and accounts payable functions.
WORK ACTIVITIES: responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare Bi-weekly payroll
- Review & update employee time an attendance utilizing NOVA timekeeping system. Requires knowledge of payroll policies and ability communicate effectively with association managers & supervisors
- Complete ACH banking transfer files for bi-weekly payroll and related pension payments.
- Integrate employee time and attendance data into payroll system (currently Great Plains) for payroll processing, review and adjust as needed to ensure payroll is accurate and complete.
- Maintain all payroll tables, processing of employee paychecks and employee earnings statements. Close payroll at end of month and complete proper GL postings.
- Generate and save various transactions/reports to support payroll/HR compliance, general ledger balances and activity.
- Other payroll functions
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual payroll related reports including: Federal taxes and withholding (941), unemployment (940), W-2s, State withholding, Workers Compensation, 401K and profit sharing, US Census reports and others as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Monitor, update reconcile and maintain Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance benefits for employees in coordination with Human Resources personnel.
- Accounts Payable:
- Process vendor invoices for payment includes accessing on-line vendor payable programs
- Review all purchase orders, receiving documents and invoices for signature
- Research purchase orders and related inovices to resolve problems and make changes as needed.
- Review and reconcile vendor statements, reports, logs and/or other documents.
- Correspond with vendors and employees as needed
- Maintain and secure accounts payable files; maintain extensive records of all transaction to ensure an efficient audit trail
EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED, required (Associate degree in accounting or business preferred); two years combined experience in accounts payable and payroll, required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience and knowledge of pertinent Federal state and local laws, codes and regulations. Working knowledge of payroll laws, FLSA standards/guidelines; Federal, state and local taxes; garnishments; ACA (Affordable Care Act) requirements expertise to implement and maintain compliance required. Payroll experience utilizing time and attendance and payroll system software applications (NOVA time and Great Plains, preferred), required. Current practical experience with computers and computer software, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel , PowerPoint and Outlook) and accounting system software (Great Plains and TotalE Golfing, preferred).
SALARY: $14.76 to $$20.63/hr DOE EOE Open until filled.
APPLY: Applications are also available on line: RCSCW.com Tab: Organization Tab: Employment or at the Human Resources Office, Recreation Centers of SCW, 19803 RHJ Blvd., Sun City West, AZ 85375 8 am to 3 p.m.
NOTE: EMPLOYEES MUST BE IN THEIR CURRENT POSITION FOR 6 MONTHS BEFORE APPLYING FOR A TRANSFER OR JOB CHANGE WITH AN INTERNAL APPLICATION, WHICH IS AVAILABLE AT THE HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE.