FACILITIES PROJECT SUPERINTENDENT FULL TIME
POSITION TITLE – WORK DESCRIPTION: This position supervises all capital projects for the Rec. Centers of Sun City West.
WORK ACTIVITIES: responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares, reads and interprets blueprints and floor plans for new and existing projects.
- Prepares cost estimates for capital repairs and remodeling projects
- Responsible for coordinating, planning, prioritizing and assigning of capital projects.
- Prepares bid packets, scope of work and contacts.
- Coordinates with contractors, once selected for the required projects and submits plans to Maricopa County for review and permits.
- Assists the General Manager and Budget and Finance Committee in the preparation and recommendation of department budget and participates in the development of reserve projects and assists in the administration and monitoring of all expenditures for capital projects.
- Develops, recommends and maintains five-year plan for capital improvements.
- Represents the General Manger at Properties Committee meetings and makes detailed presentation to the Governing Board and public.
- Ability to work with senior population in an environment, which welcomes community involvement and feedback while understanding the need for flexibility.
- Responsible for monitoring performance of all outside contractors and their sub-contractors.
- Responsible for assuring that the finished product meets or exceeds the association’s expectations.
EXPERIENCE: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic structural building knowledge; ability to read blueprints, ability to negotiate with vendors/contractors/subs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION: Current General Contractors’ License Class “B” or has had this experience in the past. Valid Arizona driver’s license and good driving record for insurance purposes. A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record must be maintained in order to retain this position. Current practical experience with computers and computer software, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Note: May be occasionally required to work outside a normal weekly schedule
SALARY: $57,500 to $71,900 per year DOE EOE Open until filled.
APPLY: Applications are also available on line: suncitywest.com Tab: Association Tab: Employment or at the Human Resources Office, Recreation Centers of SCW, 19803 RHJ Blvd., Sun City West, AZ 85375 8am to 3 p.m.
NOTE: EMPLOYEES MUST BE IN THEIR CURRENT POSITION FOR 6 MONTHS BEFORE APPLYING FOR A TRANSFER OR JOB CHANGE WITH AN INTERNAL APPLICATION, WHICH IS AVAILABLE AT THE HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICE.